There is a wide range of support available, both within the ATSIS Unit and UQ generally, to help you with planning for your career, developing yourself personally and professionally, and finding employment, both during and after study.
If you're looking for job opportunities, you can check out our list of opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and graduates, visit Careerhub for further opportunities.
If you're not sure where to start, contact Belle Sanewski on (07) 3365 6665 or email email@example.com or Judy Dale on (07) 3365 6958 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Belle and Judy are situated in Room 202 of Building 4 (The Bookshop Building).
Cadetships, Internships and Traineeships
There are a number of Cadetships, Internships and Traineeships that become available during the year. If you are interested in exploring current opportunities please click on the links below.
- A range of training and professional development programs are available for new and experienced legal, anthropology and other research staff, field and community liaison officers, management and corporate services staff. Applications for the Summer 2015/16 round of Internships will OPEN 9am Monday 3rd August through to 5pm AEDT Friday 28th August 2015. To find out more about eligibility and the application process, please click here.
- Grad Connection: Are you interested in Graduate and Internship Opportunities in Brisbane in a variety of disciplines, to find out more about eligibility and the application process, please click here.
- CSIRO have a range of traineeships and cadetships for Indigenous Australians available at CSIRO. Our focus is on vocational and educational development. To find out more about eligibility and the application process, please click here.
Queensland Government - Graduate Opportunities
Queensland Government graduate programs are designed to assist recent graduates in transitioning from study to full-time employment and provide a structured start to your career.
Joining a Queensland Government graduate program opens doors to exciting roles and offers you:
· career development - extend your qualifications with practical on-the-job experience.
· training and development - stay up-to-date with the latest industry practices and trends through ongoing learning.
· variety of on-the-job experience - get practical know-how and experience in your industry of choice.
· opportunities to build essential business and personal networks - enjoy long lasting relationships that enhance your employability and career opportunities.
To find out more about eligibility and the application process, please click here.